How to apply
Memo for applicants for Master’s programs of KazNRTU named after K.I.Satpayev
The master's degree is held for those who have mastered professional study programs of higher education.
To enter the magistracy the applicants should provide the following documents:
- application addressed to the head of the organization;
- the applicant's profile;
- a copy of identity card;
- original and a notarized copy of diploma from an undergraduate education;
Applicants who have certificates of education in foreign universities should pass the procedure of recognition or nostrification of education documents to enter the magistracy in accordance with level of education and training profile they have received.
- the original and a copy of the certificate of passing the test programs set out in Annex 1(if available);
- personal form on registration of personnel and a notarized copy of the work record card (for those with work experience);
- six photos 3x4 cm;
- medical certificate (086-U form);
- a list of scientific and methodical works (if any);
- receipt of payment for testing.
Details: State Enterprise "National Testing Center" MES RK, 010011, Astana, Pobeda av. 60,
TRN 600300086081, BIN 000 140 001 853,
IIC KZ 536 010 111 000 001 515 BIK HSBKKZKX, KBE 16,
JSC "National Bank of Kazakhstan" (Народный банк Казахстана)
Additional information for applicants for the State program of innovation and research development:
- Letter of guarantee the organization about the subsequent employment (form attached);
- The contract between the university, applicant, and the company / organization, providing training, work experience and employment (form attached).
Citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan who have international certificates certifying foreign language proficiency in accordance with the Common European Framework (standards) are exempted from passing the English testing: Test of English as a Foreign Language Institutional Testing Programm (TOEFL ITP – at least 460 points), Test of English as a Foreign Language Institutional Testing Programm Internet-based Test (TOEFL IBT, пороговый балл – at least 87 points), (TOEFL at least 560 points), International English Language Tests System (IELTS, at least 6.0 points).
All documents should be filed in the folder. The title page should contain:
1. Full name of applicant
2. Institute, Department
3. Code and the title of educational program
4. Home address, city code, phone, cell phone, e-mail address
5. Year of entrance
Documents are accepted by the Admissions Committee of KazNRTU (Directorate of Institutions) from the 1st to 29th of July at the following address: Almaty, Satpaev st. 22. Entrance examinations are carried between the 10th and 20th of August. Enrollment is made before the 25th of August.
- on a foreign language.
- on a professional discipline.
The foreign language (English) examination is carried in the form of testing. Examination is conducted by the National Center for State Education Standards and Testing of MES of the RK. For admission to the examination in a foreign language, it is necessary to get a pass paper from the Admissions Committee. Applicants should also bring identity cards to the examination.
The examination on a professional discipline is passed orally or in the written form in Russian or Kazakh languages.
Foreign applicants should pass the entrance exams on Russian or Kazakh language proficiency instead of English test.
Documents submitted in a foreign language must have a notarized translation into Kazakh or Russian languages. Documents submitted by foreign applicants must be nostrificated in the established order in the Department of higher and postgraduate education of MES of the RK.
ENROLLMENT IN THE MAGISTRACY
Enrollment of applicants in the number of master students is carried by the Admissions Committee of the university.
Applicants who obtained the highest scores on the entrance examination (on a 100-point scale) are enrolled for studying on state educational order:
- at least 150 points for the scientific and pedagogical magistracy;
- at least 130 points for the profile magistracy, with at least 30 points on the English language test.
Citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan, having the foreign language certificates listed in Annex 1, automatically get the highest score on a 100-point scale.
In case of identical score a preferential right is received by applicants having the highest score in the exam on professional discipline; in case of identical score in the exam on professional discipline, the preferential right is received by applicants having the highest score in the exam on Kazakh/ Russian/ foreign language proficiency. After that, the Admissions Committee considers scientific advances relevant to the chosen specialty.
Enrollment to targeted masters training by the state educational order is carried out on a competitive basis among applicants for this training.
Unoccupied places on the state educational order, including target, are returned to the authorized body of education for the further redistribution between higher education institutions.