Duration of study - 2 years (research and pedagogical direction).
Implementation of the educational, research and innovation activities in priority areas of ore and petroleum geophysics -based on merger, co-ordination and concentration of efforts of teaching staff of the Geophysics Department.
- The recession and elimination of the gap between the theoretical knowledge of undergraduates and practical skills of using the gained knowledge in the workplace.
- The level of specialists’ preparation alignment according to the realities and requirements of operation and research companies and institutes.
- Scientific research, finding for innovative solutions and participate in prospective scientific, technical, industrial and innovative projects and programs.
Providing quality development of educational programs on special disciplines. Undergraduates preparing for professional work to solve practical problems for search and exploration of mineral resources, basic research of the Earth's crust, as well as the study of the theoretical foundations of geophysical methods, principles of processing and interpretation of geophysical data , integration of geophysical methods in solving the fundamental and practical problems.
- Multi-aspect preparation on the modular programs of oil and gas, and mining geophysics. Acquiring the skills to formulate and solve scientific and practical problems, experience in implementing research projects, works in modern software.
- Expansion of scientific and technical cooperation with leading world and domestic research and educational centers, states institutions. Deepening the integration of science, education and innovation activities with domestic and foreign companies for the preparation of competitive specialists, demanded in the labor market.
The list of disciplines:
- Geophysical informatics;
- Engineering geophysics;
- Integrated interpretation of logging data;
- Geophysical exploration of ore and hydrological wells;
- Earth modeling for geophysical data;
- Modern nuclear technology in geophysical research;
- Special courses of ore and petroleum geophysics;
- Man-made geophysical phenomena;
- Environmental geophysics;
- Hardware-methodical complex;
- Earth’s remote sensing;
- Integration of geophysical methods;
- Seismic stratigraphy.
1-year study. The development of educational programs and the implementation of the individual curriculum work, preparation for writing a thesis on one of the domains of theoretical and applied geophysics.
2-year study. Undergraduate will have the creative style of mind, to own modern information technologies and has will form the skills of research and solve practical problems in theoretical applied geophysics after completing the program and passing the scientific-research practice.
Classes are taught by professors, associate professors with academic degrees and titles, as well as lecturers with extensive experience in conducting fundamental and applied research in seismology, on solid minerals and hydrocarbons deposits; in processing, interpretation and modeling of seismic data, geophysical potential fields, logging; in the design and evaluation of resources and reserves of solid minerals and hydrocarbons, and the supervision, auditing and monitoring of exploration work, in the preparation of comprehensive programs for the geodynamic monitoring, etc.
Each graduate student has the opportunity to choose the theme of the dissertation in accordance with his professional activity and personal preferences, as well as the scientific supervisor, based on the profile of its educational activities, research and production practiceies. Each graduate student will be allocated additional time for consultations on various aspects of his thesis.
Classes are held in the evening:
Convenient class schedule that allows to combine study and your work.
Level of infrastructure, technologies and techniques of the educational process:
-"Magnetic survey" laboratory (magnetometers "ML 203", "MM-61-1", "PMG-2").
-“Rock Physics” laboratory («Petrom» - tool for measuring the electrical resistance of rocks; "Kappametr" - unit for measuring magnetic properties of rocks).
-"Radiometry and electric survey" laboratory (radiometer DKS-96 Radiometer-dosimeter "RKS-01-SOLO" electrical generator "Astra-100", electrical gauge "Mary 24", electrical complex "ZRA-1A").
-"Well logging and seismic" laboratory (seismic survey station "Progress-01").
-"Gravimetric" laboratory (gravimeters "GNU-KO")
- Computer classes with following software: Studio 3 (mining and geological, structural and block modeling and reserves evaluation for solid minerals); SSMT 2000 (electromagnetic survey data processing); Oazis Montaj (processing and modeling of gravity and magnetic fields); «Geolog-Gold» «Echos-NexCen» (processing and interpretation of seismic data and well logging).
Total credits: 50
The final part of the master degree includes the following components:
• Scientific and research practice in mining and oil and gas companies and institutions;
• Experimental and research work of a undergraduate;
• Comprehensive examination;
• Protection of master's thesis;