Metallurgy - science and technology area which includes the processes for obtaining metals from ores or other materials, and processes associated with changes of chemical composition, structure and properties of metal alloys.
• Metal production from natural raw materials, and other metal products;
• obtaining alloys;
• processing of metals in hot and cold;
• application of coatings to metals;
• Materials area, which studies the physical and chemical behavior of metals, intermetallic compounds and alloys.
Objects of professional activity – metallurgical enterprises, factories, mining and metallurgical complex, design organizations, research centers, metallurgical research centers, chemical industry, research organizations, universities.Technological processes and equipment for the processing of mineral and technogenic raw materials, production and processing of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and products from them;processes and devices for energy and resource saving and environmental protection in the implementation of technological operations;research processes, materials, products and devices; designs, materials, methods, equipment, installation, technical and regulatory documentation, quality management system, the mathematical model; production and design research divisions.
The aim of the educational program is:
– formation of personnel for innovation economy on metallurgy, including modern energy-saving technologies, project work, innovative solutions, high-tech enterprise in the field.
– formation of general scientific, social and personal, instrumental and professional competence in accordance with state standards, allow graduates to work successfully in their chosen field of activity, contributing to its social mobility and stability in the labor market.
– providing knowledge, skills and abilities in the following types of professional activity: production and processing; organizational management; research and development; project at the national and international levels.
– training of highly qualified personnel for engineering activities at the metallurgical enterprise, research organization or commercial entity, with the prospect of further professional growth.
The objectives of education graduate programs are:
Training of professionals in research activities;
The master must be able to make changes in technology, to develop regulations to offer new options and schemes of quality products in a particular industry, to manage change;
Training for the implementation of educational activities in high schools in the steel profile.
Our graduates will know:
- the organizational structure of metallurgical production;
- based on the comparison and evaluation of the production of ferrous and non-ferrous metals;
methods of engineering calculation and decision-engineering and management decisions;
fundamentals of metallurgical processes and technologies;
thermal power and thermal physics of metallurgical processes, theory of furnaces, methods of engineering calculations;
-technology of reception special materials;
-methods and means of modern physical and chemical analysis used to study metallurgical processes;
-processes and methods the separation and refining of metals;
- design and engineering managerial approach.
Our graduates will be able to:
to allocate the program - target methods of analysis of the technical, technological, organizational, economic and social issues;
use of best industry, interdisciplinary and international experience;
theuse advanced techniques and technologies in metal production, own exploitation with modern analytical equipment, have the skills and professional communication polylinguism.
to carry out technological processes of processing of mineral raw materials of natural and technogenic, technological processes for the production and processing of metals and alloys, as well as products from them, measures to protect the environment from the effects of man-made production;
to carry out activities to ensure product quality;
carry out the organization workplaces, their technical equipment, process equipment, and the organization of service of the process equipment;
to carry out experimental research;
carry literature and patent searches, to prepare technical reports, news reports, publications;
to study the scientific and technical information, national and international experience on the subject of the study;
to develop the project and operational technical documentation;
use of a technique of studying and analyzing the results on thermodynamics and kinetics in the study of metallurgical processes;
use the method of calculating rational composition of metallurgical raw materials and intermediate products, material and heat balances, stoichiometric calculations, composition and metallurgical characteristics of the fuel, the calculation of basic
technological characteristics of metallurgical processes and parameters
use the best industry, interdisciplinary and international experience.