Automation and control - an area of science and technology, which includes a set of tools, techniques and methods of human activity aimed at the creation and application of algorithmic, hardware and software systems and tools control and management of mobile units, autonomous systems, production lines and processes, exempting the person partially or entirely from direct participation in the processes of obtaining, transformation, transmission and use of materials and information.
Objects of professional work of doctoral:
- Automatic and automated system monitoring and management tools, their mathematical, information, hardware and software;
- Ways and methods of their designing, debugging, production and operation in various sectors of the economy;
- Industrial facilities, agriculture, energy, transport, trade, medicine, etc .;
- Technological and production processes;
- Technical diagnostics, research and production testing.
The objectives of the educational program of doctoral studies in the specialty "Automation and Control" at the PhD are:
- Mastery of advanced knowledge in the field of automation and control;
- The development of theoretical and practical skills of research in the field of automation and control;
- Preparation for teaching in educational institutions;
- The accumulation of knowledge through original research.
Formation of the maintenance of the educational program doctoral specialty "Automation and Control" was made taking into account the current level of science and technology in the field of automation and control, as well as target indicators of strategic documents of Kazakhstan: the program "Kazakhstan 2050", "Nurly Zhol", "One Hundred Steps "and GPIIR-2. This should take into account the following requirements to graduate and doctoral research:
- Comply with the basic problems of the specialty for which defended his doctoral thesis;
- To be relevant, contain scientific novelty and practical significance;
- Based on modern theoretical, methodological and technological achievements of science and practice;
- Based on modern methods of processing and interpretation of data using computer technology;
- Carried out by using modern methods of scientific research;
- Contain research (methodical, practical) sections on the basic protected provisions.
Employability of graduates of doctoral and master's constantly monitored. Currently, 100% of graduates are employed in the institutions of education and science in the development and implementation of automation systems in companies and businesses. Employers respond well to graduates of doctoral and master's AIC faculty.
In order to achieve compliance with the quality requirements of the modern international OP doctoral and graduate department actively collaborates with foreign partners: the University of Florence (Italy), Technical University of Lublin (Poland), University named after J. Fourier (Grenoble, France), the University of Sapporo (Japan), the Slovak technical University.
The content of the research practices depends on the theme and master's thesis and takes the place of experimental studies. A feature of the specialty "Automation and Control" is that most of the experimental studies carried out on the object of study, ie those companies where the automation objects are. Such specificity significantly impedes research - not always possible to negotiate with the heads of the enterprises on the admission of doctoral students in their facilities. Teaching practice takes place at the Department of AIC.
The objectives of the educational program of doctoral and master. Depending on the type of professional activity, the graduate is prepared to address the following professional tasks:
a) Research activities:
• construction of mathematical models of technical systems and technological processes and works as objects of automation and control;
• Development of algorithms and software management processes automation objects of different physical nature;
• creation of modern software research, design, technical diagnostics and industrial testing equipment and automation and control systems;
• creation and improvement of methods of modeling, analysis and synthesis of automatic and automated facility monitoring and control systems of different physical nature, including with the use of modern computer technologies;
b) design activity:
• Design the architecture of hardware and software systems of automatic and automated control systems for industrial and special assignments in different sectors of the economy;
• choice of software and hardware complexes of automatic and automated systems of control and management of various nature;
• development of functional, logical and technical organization of automatic and automated control systems and the control of their technical, algorithmic and software based on modern methods, tools and design technologies;
• development (based on the current standards) of documentation for different categories of persons involved in the routine operational service and automation and control systems;
c) industrial and technological activities:
• Production of hardware and software products, the creation of automation and control systems specified quality;
• testing and debugging software and hardware;
• Development of programs and test procedures and automation and control systems;
• Preparation and distribution of software and hardware automation and control systems for the production and maintenance;
• aggregation of hardware and software, creation of software and hardware automation and control systems;
• Certification of hardware, software, and hardware and software systems;
d) organizational and managerial activities:
• organization of the process of development and the means of production and automation systems and control the quality of the set;
• organization of work of the development team, management decisions;
• planning development tools and automation and control systems;
• choice of technology, tools and computer equipment in the organization of the study process, the design, technical diagnostics and industrial testing of automatic and automated control systems;
• training of staff within the approved organization of the development and / or the means of production and automation and control systems;
d) operating activities:
• setup and routine maintenance of on-site software and hardware systems of automation and control systems;
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of system, tool and application software automation and control systems;
• choice of methods and means of measuring the performance of funds characteristics and automation and control systems;
• Analysis of the performance characteristics of the funds and automation and control systems in order to develop the requirements for their modification.
Our graduates know:
• methods and means of research in the field of automation and control research;
• methods of constructing mathematical models of technical systems and technological processes and works as objects of automation and control;
• modeling techniques, analysis and synthesis of automatic and automated systems of control and management of various nature;
• the development of the technology of algorithmic and software management processes automation;
• prospects and development trends of information technology management;
• Modern technical equipment, computer equipment, means of communication and communication for automatic and automated control systems;
• Procedures, techniques and intellectual property protection;
• specifications of domestic and foreign models of hardware and software systems for automation and control systems;
• basic requirements for the organization of labor in the design and automation and control systems;
• rules, methods and tools for preparation of technical documentation;
• fundamentals of the economy, labor organization, organization of production and scientific research;
• basics of labor law;
• Rules and regulations of labor protection.
Possibilities of further education graduate.
Our graduates are able to:
• use the legislative, regulatory and legal documents relating to the professional activity;
• carry on a conversation, a dialogue on the state and foreign languages, using the speech etiquette rules, read the literature on the specialty without a dictionary to search for information, to translate texts with a dictionary, make annotations, abstracts and business letters in a foreign language;
• use of cognitive and professional activity related basic knowledge and basic sciences;
• perform experiments at existing facilities by specified procedures and process the results with the application of modern information technologies and means
• carry out computational experiments using standard software tools in order to obtain mathematical models of processes and facilities of automation and control
• make calculations and design of individual blocks and units of automation and control systems.
Job Profile: mathematical, information, algorithmic and engine to ensure the creation of automated processes and production and management systems, including research methodology and design, formal description and algorithmization, optimization and simulation of system operation, implementation, maintenance and operation of human-machine systems.
Main place of work: industrial enterprises, municipal electricity, installation and start-up organizations, enterprises and organizations of the agro-industrial complex, transport, communications, electric power utilities, organization of education and science.