Admission to the specialty "Civil Engineering" carried out since 2004 at the Architecture and Civil Engineering Institute of KazNRTU named after K.I.Satbayev.
The aim of 5B072900 -"Civil Engineering" specialty is the preparation of bachelors and masters forCivil Engineering, owning knowledge about the work of building structures made of concrete, steel, masonry and wood with different kinds of stress conditions, the methods of calculation and design of single and multi-story buildings, construction technology of pre-cast and cast-in-place building structures, manufacturing and mounting of steel structures,construction technology of high-rise buildings, engineering facilities, implementation of building and mounting works in reconstruction, and others.
The objectives of the specialty – to equip of Civil Engineering Bachelors bysystem of knowledge about the behavior of buildings of different structural systems under the action of the vertical and horizontal loads; to acquire the skills of qualitative and quantitative evaluation of the bearing capacity of the main structures; instill sustainable skills of calculation and design of buildings and their components, as well as the skills of manufacturing and mounting of steel structures, construction technology of buildings, engineering facilities, at the choice of optimal solutions in the implementation of building and mounting works, and others.
Preparation of bachelors in the Civil Engineering specialty conducted by the Department of "Construction" (Small Training Corps, 305, 306).
Educated by Civil Engineering specialty will be engaged in the design and construction of industrial and civil buildings. In the institute will study the fully the basics of designing buildings and structures, methods of their calculation and construction technology.
Experts have qualified for this specialty may work in state enterprises and private firms in the construction industry (master, foreman, etc). In addition, the design institutes and design bureaus, research institutes and departments can work designers and researchers. Within the walls of the University will study in full the basics of designing buildings and structures, methods of their calculation and construction technology.
The goal - training bachelors for the construction industry, who are able to design, build and operate the objects of civil, industrial and domestic purposes.
Tasks - to make calculations qualified elements and structures, to make out quality technical solutions, to develop technical specifications for construction and renovation based on the ecology and life safety requirements.
Professional practice – a practical mastery of professional skills and knowledge in accordance with the future profession at the companies.
Professional practice is made of three kinds: educational, industrial and pre-diploma.
The graduate should
to have an idea:
- of scientific, philosophical and religious pictures of the universe; about the nature, purpose and meaning of human life; variety of forms of human knowledge; spiritual values in a creative and everyday life;
- the processes and phenomena occurring in animate and inanimate nature; the possibilities of modern scientific methods of knowledge of nature and natural science to solve professional problems;
- the nature and the social significance of their future profession, the meaning of the disciplines that define a particular area of its activities, its relationship in a holistic system of knowledge;
- the role of science in the development of civilization, the relationship between science and technology and related contemporary social and ethical issues, the value of scientific rationality;
- on trends in architecture, space planning, composition and design solutions of buildings and structures; urban development prospects, planning and building areas;
- directions of improvement of production technology of construction materials and products, the use of composite materials in construction;
- about engineering geodetic methods, hydrogeological and environmental studies;
- on trends in technology of erection of buildings and constructions;
- on the basic problems of water supply and sewerage, heat and ventilation of buildings, objects and localities;
- about environmental protection problems of the environment, ecology and life safety;
- basics of architectural design, modern types of buildings and structures;
- the basic physical and mechanical properties of building materials and their manufacturing technology, methods to improve the efficiency of use;
- methods of engineering surveys in construction;
- basics of water supply and sewerage, gas supply, ventilation, power supply of buildings and settlements;
- basic concepts, laws and methods of engineering mechanics;
- origin, conditions of formation, structure, composition and properties of foundation soils;
- fundamentals of calculation and design of buildings and structures, engineering systems;
- the composition and content of the project documentation;
- methods of theoretical and experimental investigations of building constructions, foundation soils;
- technology, organization, mechanization and automation in civil engineering;
- basics of economic theory, economics, industry, management and marketing, accounting and auditing;
- issues of occupational health and safety, environmental laws;
be able to:
- use the regulatory and legal documents relating to the professional activity;
- carry on a conversation, a dialogue on the state and foreign languages, using the rules of speech etiquette, read the literature on the specialty without a dictionary to search for information, to translate texts with a dictionary, make annotations, abstracts and business letters in a foreign language;
- perform calculations of buildings and structures, their bases and foundations, engineering systems, including the use of modern software products;
- to develop design solutions that meet the requirements of long-term development of the industry, using modern software products;
- plan the repair and strengthening of buildings and parts of buildings, modernization of engineering systems, networks and equipment;
- analyze production and economic activities of the division and / or the entire enterprise, including the use of modern software products;
- exercise control over technological and labor discipline;
- use information technologies to gather information and application packages in solving engineering design and production tasks;
- assess the impact of man-made construction on ekostruktury;
- to evaluate and monitor the quality of construction and installation works;
- carry out acceptance and executed works;
to have the skills to:
- command of the state language and the language of international communication; lexical and grammatical minimum of one foreign language;
- the fundamentals of the relations of production and management principles, taking into account the technical, financial, psychological and human factors;
- work with software products, advanced information technology research, collection, processing, analysis and storage of scientific and technical information;
- ownership of architectural construction, special and scientific terminology;
- work with key regulatory and reference documents on the calculation, design of building structures, foundations of buildings and structures, heat and gas supply, ventilation, water supply and sanitation, organization of building production;
- the use of modern methods of examination and testing of building materials, design and construction;
- be competent in matters of construction and architecture, systems engineering, management, economics, environmental protection;
- to have skills of handling modern technology, be able to use information technologies in the sphere of professional activity;
- possess the fundamentals of economic knowledge, to have a scientific understanding of the management, marketing, finance;
- be skilled in decision-making of economic and organizational nature in the face of uncertainty and risk.
The graduate should possess the following professional competences:
- toknow the basic sections of the fundamental disciplines necessary for professional activities;
- quickly eliminate violations of the production processes, to conduct primary accounting work performed to analyze operating performance and current production, to justify proposals to improve the management of production activities;
- be competent in the legislative and normative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
perform experimental and laboratory tests, interpret the results, prepare and defend reports;
- to develop the necessary technical and regulatory documents as part of creative teams and independently monitor the compliance with the project requirements of the standards, technical conditions and other normative documents in the field of construction; develop, agree and approve in the established procedure the technical, methodological and other documents.