Sphere of professional activity of specialty 5B071800 - Heat power engineering is an integral part of technology, which includes a combination of means, methods and methods for generating and applying heat, controlling its flows and converting various types of energy into heat.
Training of specialists is carried out in the following areas: Technical hydromechanics, water-chemical regimes, heat-engineering devices and processes, furnace processes and devices, energy saving and ecology, modes and operation of TPP equipment.
Objects of professional activity of graduates are:
- Power systems and complexes;
- Heat supply systems of industrial enterprises and autonomous objects;
- Power installations and complexes based on non-traditional and renewable energy sources;
- Technological installations for the production, distribution and use of heat;
- Steamandhotwaterboilersforvariouspurposes, steamgeneratorsofnuclearpowerplants;
- Steam and gas turbines, power blocks;
- Auxiliary thermal equipment, heat and mass transfer devices for various purposes;
- Heating networks;
- Technological fluids, gases and steams;
- Technological equipment for preparation and use of water of evaporative and steam-conversion installations;
- Systems of automatic control and management of heat and electro-technological processes, installations, systems and complexes;
- Normative and technical documentation and standardization systems;
-Research institutes and universities.
The purpose of the educational program is the preparation of qualified graduates with professional competencies that allow them to successfully work in the design and operation of heat networks, heat supply systems, and energy complex equipment.
Mission of the program: providing a flexible educational process tailored to the individual needs and characteristics of students.
Graduates of the specialty "Heat power engineering" are in demand in the field of design and operation of heat networks, heat supply systems, equipment of power complexes.
Duration of the program: 4 years or 8 academic semesters.
Advantages of the program:
• Providing each student with the opportunity to choose courses and modules of training.
• Traininglanguage are Kazakh and Russian.
• Some disciplines study in English.
• Diploma of one of the leading universities of Kazakhstan.
• Opportunity for career growth.
• Highly qualified teaching staff.
• Individual approach to each student.
• Attraction of leading foreign scientists and professors for lecturing.
• The equipment of training laboratories with modern equipment.
• Availability of a practice base.
• The possibility of continuing education in this specialty in the mastersprogramm.
Practicebases:JSC «Kazakh scince research institute of power named after academician Sh.Ch.Chokin»,LLP «Almatyteplocommunenergo»,LLP «Ekibastuz GRES-1», JSC « AlES », LPP «Institute of Physics andTechnology».