Metallurgy - science and technology area which includes the processes for obtaining metals from ores or other materials, and processes associated with changes of chemical composition, structure and properties of metal alloys.
• Metal production from natural raw materials, and other metal products;
• obtaining alloys;
• processing of metals in hot and cold;
• application of coatings to metals;
• Materials area, which studies the physical and chemical behavior of metals, intermetallic compounds and alloys.
Objects of professional activity – metallurgical enterprises, factories, mining and metallurgical complex, design organizations, research centers, metallurgical research centers, chemical industry, research organizations, universities.Technological processes and equipment for the processing of mineral and technogenic raw materials, production and processing of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and products from them;processes and devices for energy and resource saving and environmental protection in the implementation of technological operations;research processes, materials, products and devices; designs, materials, methods, equipment, installation, technical and regulatory documentation, quality management system, the mathematical model; production and design research divisions.
The aim of the educational program is:
– formation of personnel for innovation economy on metallurgy, including modern energy-saving technologies, project work, innovative solutions, high-tech enterprise in the field.
– formation of general scientific, social and personal, instrumental and professional competence in accordance with state standards, allow graduates to work successfully in their chosen field of activity, contributing to its social mobility and stability in the labor market.
– providing knowledge, skills and abilities in the following types of professional activity: production and processing; organizational management; research and development; project at the national and international levels.
– training of highly qualified personnel for engineering activities at the metallurgical enterprise, research organization or commercial entity, with the prospect of further professional growth.
The objectives of education graduate programs are:
- the formation of social and humanitarian education based on the laws of socio-economic development of society, history, modern information technologies, state, foreign and Russian languages;
- mastery of knowledge of natural science, general technical and economic disciplines, as the foundation of vocational education;
- formation of theoretical knowledge in the production technology of heavy non-ferrous, light, precious and rare metals.
Our graduates will know:
- the organizational structure of metallurgical production;
- based on the comparison and evaluation of the production of ferrous and non-ferrous metals;
- methods of engineering calculation and decision-engineering and management decisions
Our graduates will be able to:
- to allocate the program - target methods of analysis of the technical, technological, organizational, economic and social issues;
- use of best industry, interdisciplinary and international experience.