«Mining» department prepares bachelors, masters and PhD doctoral students by three educational directions: «Shaft and underground construction», «Open pit mining» and «Underground mining». Perineal traditions and experience allow preparing high-demand specialists for mining enterprises of Kazakhstan.
Activity of department is organized according to proclaimed mission, goals and aims, also strategic plan of KazNRTU after K.I.Satpayev development and directed to its implementation.
The aim of educational programs (EP) of specialty - 5B070700 "Mining" is to provide training for enterprises of the mining of professionally educated and competent professionals capable of working in the primary engineering and technical positions, and effectively conduct the excavation of mineral resources in a variety of geological and mining on the basis of the conditions of advanced technology and modern mining equipment.
The structure of the educational program is formed from different types of training activities, defining the content of education reflecting their relationship, measurement and calculation. Educational program of bachelors includes: theoretical training, including a study of educational, basic and major cycles; additional types of training - different kinds of practices, physical education, military training; interim and final evaluation. This educational undergraduate programis developed on the basis of a modular system of studying.
The content of educational programs EP "Mining" on the basis of a multi-level training system, fundamental, and quality of training, continuity of education and science, the unity of teaching, education, research and innovation activities aimed to maximize customer satisfaction should provide:
- Obtaining a full and high-quality vocational training in the development of mineral deposits (DMD), confirmed the level of skills and knowledge, skills and competences on the basis of criteria established by the state educational standard of their evaluation, both in content and volume;
- Provision of training bachelors for the mining industry, who know the technology, comprehensive mechanization, organization and economy of mining production, methods and principles of its improvement and design.
The objects of professional activity of the student include working in mining enterprises of ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy, fuel and energy complex, the production of non-metallic mining of raw materials, industry research and design institutes, laboratories, universities and technical secondary, primary professional educational institutions.
Bachelor of 5B070700 "Mining" should perform the following tasks in accordance with the professional activities:
In the field of organizational and managerial activities:
- participation in the organization of work, aimed at the formation of the creative nature of production teams;
- development of plans for different types of works and control of their implementation, including the provision of appropriate services necessary technical documentation, materials and equipment;
- finding the optimal solutions for the implementation of works with regard to quality requirements, cost, deadlines, competitiveness and security of life and reliability;
- Technical equipment and organization of workplaces;
- carrying out technical work performance monitoring;
- in the field of industrial and technological activities:
- carrying out physical and experimental studies using modern techniques and methods of measuring and processing the results;
- the introduction of manufacturing processes, quality control of components and assemblies for various purposes;
- calculation of production standards, technological standards of production, the selection of standard equipment, a preliminary assessment of the economic efficiency of mining and production of mining operations;
- effective use of mining equipment and equipment selection and calculation of parameters of technological processes for ore excavation;
- standardization and certification of products of mining production;
- environmental control of production;
participate in the work on the exploration and development of mineral deposits;
in the field of experimental research:
-measurements and research in the extraction of mineral deposits with a choice of modern technical means and computer processing of the results;
in the field of computational and design and analysis:
- Development of generalized solutions to problems, the analysis of these options, forecasting the consequences of finding compromise solutions in terms multi-criteria, uncertainty, planning and implementation of projects in the development of mineral deposits;
- The use of information technology for the selection of the necessary equipment and technology in the development of mineral deposits and construction of mining enterprises;
in the field of software-management activities:
- choice of computer technology and equipment for mining;
- The use of computer technology for geographic information systems;
- Information provision devices and systems.
in the field of educational and teaching activities:
- provisionof high-quality transmission of skills and knowledge and the ability to work with staff during their training.