Mission and strategy
The Kazakh National Research Technical University after K.I.Satpaev (KazNRTU) intends to be the international research university linking academics and students of the world.
At the period of industrialization and development of infrastructure for sustainable development of economy, raise of competiveness of human capital, modernization and training of new engineers and transfer of the country into the knowledge which based on economy;
KNTU's mission is to provide its contribution to intellectual and professional development of the society in engineering education and training new generation of engineers.
KazNRTU's primary purpose is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge to:
- Advance the community of learning by engaging in scientific research, critical thinking, professionally oriented skills and habits;
- Provide a high quality of educational experience to students in a diverse learning environment;
- Prepare the next generations of skilled and ethical professionals in Engineering by providing excellent graduate and professional engineering education that prepares graduates to compete in a diverse world market;
- Promote an environment that welcomes and honors people of different cultures and an atmosphere that values intellectual curiosity, pursuit of knowledge, and academic freedom and integrity;
- Conduct research, teaching using the best practices of the world experience and developing of our own educational brand;
- To develop the University -Industry relationships, so that contribute to improving the quality of technical education professionals for the sector of economy and business;
- Offer a wide variety of extracurricular educational and training programs, including of using the information technologies, individually and in groups;
- Partner with other universities, organizations to provide educational, technical and cultural support to improve the quality of university activity;
- Partner with industry and government to improve the quality of the workplace and to serve as an engine for economic and business development.
(Approved by the decision of Academic Council, protocol №5 dated 31 March, 2009)